Voiced by Amazon Polly
Microsoft Dynamics 365 cases are commonly used in helpdesk or help-line centers where a customer has a product issue. The customer raises a complaint about the product in different ways, such as through emails, phone calls, social media, etc., and the support team has received the case and working on it. The agent has searched for the knowledge article to resolve the issue within a limited time and improve customer satisfaction.
Let us have a look at Customer Service End-to-End lifecycle.
Terminologies used in Customer Service
- Knowledge Article
- Service Level Agreements
- Creation Rules
- Routing Rules
Let us see a brief about the above points.
- Case: When a customer reaches out with an issue or question needing a solution, it is commonly referred to as a ticket or incident. These Cases provide a way to track incidents or issues of the customer’s final resolution.
Email: To send an email to the customer in Activities & Incoming and outing emails
Meeting: Set up a meeting with the client and send a reminder before starting the meeting
Call: incoming and outgoing Calls. You can set up a call with the customer at a specified time.
Appointment: you can fix an appointment with the customer with a suitable time and date through the activities
- Knowledge Article: By using Knowledge Article to Resolve the Case. When the case is created, the agent will search the knowledge article based on the article, and the agent will resolve the issue. When you design and publish a knowledge Article, it is available to the users.
- Queues: A queue is one of the best features of Microsoft Dynamics 365. It is used as a container to hold anything. Queues are nothing but keeping places for work items. Requests and issues are handled in the queue, all record types assign to queue-only cases, and activity record types are enabled for queues.
- Service Level Agreements (SLA): First, we need to Enable SLA for Account Entity
Navigate to setting >Customizations>Customize the system>Entities>Account
The SLA’s first step towards crafting (KPI) Key Performance Indicator and tracking performance is KPI simply as a timer on record forms indicating the time remaining. SLA is calculated for operational hours, Holiday schedules, and pause/resume permissions.
Helping organizations transform their IT infrastructure with top-notch Cloud Computing services
- Cloud Migration
- AIML & IoT
Configuring the Customer Service Schedule
Follow the below steps to create a customer service schedule
- Go to settings > Advanced settings> service management
2. Find the customer service schedule
3. You will see all existing customer service calendars to create a new one
4. In the popup window, name your Customer Service Schedule and click create
a. Work Hours
If the hours are the same day each, click set work hours. In the popup window set the start and end times. If the hours are different depending on the day, click vary by day .in the dropdown populate the hours of operation for each day of the week. If the organization works 24/7 select this option.
If you selected the same day in work hours, you will be able to check which days your organization operates in the workdays section.
c. Holidays Schedule
If your organization observes certain holidays, click observe and click the lookup icon. A list of all active holidays schedule in your CRM will populate.
5. Case Creation Rules
By using Record creation rules in Dynamics 365 Customer Service, you can create cases that automatically update system and custom records from income activities such as emails, social activities phone calls, and Appointments, without writing any code.
6. Routing Rules
The Routing Rules are nothing but when the case is created in customer service to route the case to the right agent and right time without manual interventions, the agent accepts the case and follows.
Steps to Register a Case and Use Customer Service Process
- The customer has a lot of sources to open a new case such as phone calls, social media, mobile devices, and emails (in the above fig the customer sends an email to register a case.
- When the email is received by the system the case creation rules examine the email to identify whom it came from and to see the mail to create a case for the customer’s request
- After creating a case record the routine rules examine the case record to automatically route the case to a suitable queue in this scenario the case is routed to the gold customers.
- In Dynamics 365 customer service, the service level agreement will start working when the agent made initial contact with the customer, 15 mins of the case being created.
- The agent has taken the case from the queue and started working on it and is responsible for resolving the case
- In the case resolution the business process flow is activated and guides an agent while they work on the case
- The agent finds the knowledge article from the organization base that contains a resolution of the case information from this record they send an email to attach the article directly to the customer
- In the Customer Entitlements records the stories are updated the remaining cases are 14 on their Entitlements.
Review the Case Lifecycle
They are mainly four steps to review the case lifecycle
- Session Management
- Business Process flow
The Session management is nothing, but the session tabs allow you to work with multiple customers simultaneously. This means switching tabs and connecting to the customers without losing the conversations or customer details
Display the related case activities in the timeline and how much time was spent on the case recorded in the activity’s timeline and how much time bill back to the customer.
It provides quick access to search for knowledge base directly from the case record
Once the knowledge articles have been identified, they can be emailed directly to the customer and attached to the case record. If you received any similar cases record is helpful for the agents in future cases
Business Process Flow
The Business process flows steps for it is guidance for the agents to work on the cases.
Customer service is focused on providing a solution for customer issues while using the product. At that time the customer registers the complaint there are several ways to register a case such as emails, phone calls, social activities, etc. when the customer registers a case it’s routed to a queue
The agent grabs the case from the queue, once the agent starts working on the case, he is responsible for resolving the case until the case is complete. When the agent starts working on the case the business process flow is active. The agent is searching for the knowledge article to resolve the case. If the case is resolved then, send an email to the customer about the case has been resolved.
Get your new hires billable within 1-60 days. Experience our Capability Development Framework today.
- Cloud Training
- Customized Training
- Experiential Learning
CloudThat is also the official AWS (Amazon Web Services) Advanced Consulting Partner and Training partner and Microsoft gold partner, helping people develop knowledge of the cloud and help their businesses aim for higher goals using best in industry cloud computing practices and expertise. We are on a mission to build a robust cloud computing ecosystem by disseminating knowledge on technological intricacies within the cloud space. Our blogs, webinars, case studies, and white papers enable all the stakeholders in the cloud computing sphere.
Drop a query if you have any questions regarding Microsoft Dynamics 365 and I will get back to you quickly.
To get started, go through our Consultancy page and Managed Services Package that is CloudThat’s offerings.
1. While working on the case, you added a phone call with the customer; where can we see the phone call activity in the case record?
ANS: – In Microsoft Dynamics 365, the timeline is available, and we can see all types of activities set up calls with customers, and send an email, notes, and appointments we can see in Timeline.
2. How to Create a case if a customer record does not exist?
ANS: – In Microsoft Dynamics, if the customer does not exist, they take it as a new case and register.
3. How many cases can we merge with common scenarios?
ANS: – In Microsoft Dynamics, a maximum of 10 cases can be merged with a single action.
WRITTEN BY Dadi RajKumar
Click to Comment