Voiced by Amazon Polly
In today’s globalized world, many companies and media outlets cater to customers from various countries and speak several languages. This means that companies must create and disseminate information in various languages to ensure that as many people as possible hear their message. You may process multilingual track content effectively and operate internationally with the help of AWS Elemental MediaConvert, an AWS service.
AWS Elemental MediaConvert is a cloud-based service that simplifies transcoding and formatting audio and video content for distribution across different platforms. It is compatible with various file types audio and video codecs. It also provides various features that help you deliver high-quality video and audio content, including audio normalization, audio loudness correction, and image stabilization.
Advanced features from AWS Elemental MediaConvert enable experiences with premium material, such as:
- Professional broadcast codecs that enable the generation of HDR material and enhanced bit depth
- Still-image graphics
- Modern audio
- DRM, or digital rights management
- Support for closed captioning
Pioneers in Cloud Consulting & Migration Services
- Reduced infrastructural costs
- Accelerated application deployment
The following methods are used to process multilingual track content using AWS Elemental MediaConvert and are simple to follow.
Step 1: Begin with creating an AWS Elemental MediaConvert Job
- Open the AWS Elemental MediaConvert console.
- Choose Get Started, as shown in Figure 1.
- Choose Create job as shown in Figure 2.
Step 2: AWS Elemental MediaConvert job
- Configure input—Follow these steps for sources with language codes embedded in all tracks.
- On the Create job page, in the Job pane on the left, choose Input 1.
- Provide the URL to your video input file stored in Amazon S3 in the “Input pane” of Figure 3.
- In the Audio Selectors section, under Audio Selector 1, under Selector type, choose Language code.
- For Language code, select English (figure 4).
- To add another audio selector for audio streams 2 and 3, choose Add audio selector.
- For the Selector type, select Language code.
Step 3: Configure output
On the Create job page, Job pane, choose Add in the Output groups section.
- Select Apple HLS for output as HLS.
- Click Add Output in the output area to add three different outputs, as shown in Figure 9.
- Choosing Output 2 in the output settings. “Alternate audio”, “auto choose,” and “default” should be selected under the Audio track type. Keep outputs 3 and 4 empty.
- In Outputs, choose Output 1.
- In the Encoding options, choose Audio 1.
- Choose Audio Selector 1 as your audio source.
- Choose Follow input under Language code control in the Advanced category.
- Do the same for the other two audio streams.
- Now select Create a job to set up the template.
- Select the Job template created and select Create job.
- Your video input file’s URL, whether on an HTTP(S) server or Amazon S3, should be provided.
It is simple to handle multilingual track content with AWS Elemental MediaConvert, allowing businesses and media outlets to develop and disseminate information in several languages efficiently.
Drop a query if you have any questions regarding AWS Elemental MediaConvert and we will get back to you quickly.
Transforming Media Content Delivery
- No manual integration
- Live streaming with minimal lag
CloudThat is an official AWS (Amazon Web Services) Advanced Consulting Partner and Training partner, AWS Migration Partner, AWS Data and Analytics Partner, AWS DevOps Competency Partner, Amazon QuickSight Service Delivery Partner, AWS EKS Service Delivery Partner, and Microsoft Gold Partner, helping people develop knowledge of the cloud and help their businesses aim for higher goals using best-in-industry cloud computing practices and expertise. We are on a mission to build a robust cloud computing ecosystem by disseminating knowledge on technological intricacies within the cloud space. Our blogs, webinars, case studies, and white papers enable all the stakeholders in the cloud computing sphere.
1. Is it possible to process multilingual tracks using open-source tools?
ANS: – Yes, it’s possible to do so however, it involves custom code development, and it involves additional overhead and cost of managing it. The same can be achieved using Elemental MediaConvert service with less effort.
2. Does AWS support creating content in multiple languages?
ANS: – You may develop an effective localization solution using the strength of AWS machine learning (ML) services like Amazon Transcribe, Amazon Translate, and Amazon Polly. You can use Amazon Transcribe to turn your existing audio and video feeds into a transcript, which you can then use Amazon Convert to convert into various languages. The translated text can be turned into human speech using a text-to-speech program like Amazon Polly.
3. Is there any open-source tool to achieve multilingual processing?
ANS: – Yes, such tools are available, but creating and managing such tasks requires additional effort.
WRITTEN BY Arvind Kishore