Do you want to learn more about cloud computing and AWS? Do you wish to advance your career and get respect in the IT industry? If so, you might think about acquiring the AWS Cloud Practitioner Certification. This AWS Cloud Practitioner Certification is intended for anybody seeking a fundamental grasp of AWS and its services, capabilities, and best practices.
In this blog article, we will look at the advantages of obtaining this certification and how it may help you reach your personal and professional objectives.
Learn from industry certified experts and become a certified AWS professional without leaving your current job.
- AWS Authorized Instructor led Sessions
- AWS Official Curriculum
What is AWS Cloud Practitioner Certification?
AWS Cloud Practitioner Certification is a foundational-level certification that certifies your cloud computing and AWS knowledge and abilities. It addresses the following topics:
Cloud Concepts: Understand the fundamentals of cloud computing, including its advantages, deployment models, and pricing structures.
AWS Services: Explore fundamental AWS services such as compute, storage, database, networking, security, and administration tools. Communicate with AWS resources via the AWS console and the AWS CLI.
AWS Security and Compliance: Gain insights into the AWS shared responsibility model, recommended security practices, and AWS compliance initiatives. Manage access to AWS resources using AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM).
Amazon Web Services Architecture and Design: Explore the AWS Well-Architected Framework, architectural principles, and design patterns. Learn how to utilize AWS services to build scalable, dependable, and cost-effective solutions.
AWS Billing and Pricing: Examine AWS billing and pricing methods, cost management tools, and support plans. Evaluate AWS service costs and optimize your AWS budget.
What are the benefits of obtaining AWS Cloud Practitioner Certification ?
Obtaining the AWS Cloud Practitioner Certification can provide you with several benefits, including:
- Increased credibility and recognition: By obtaining the AWS Cloud Practitioner Certification, you will demonstrate your devotion and proficiency in cloud computing and AWS. You will also be recognized as a qualified and certified AWS professional by your colleagues, clients, and employers.
- More career opportunities: Obtaining the AWS Cloud Practitioner Certification will boost your chances of being employed or promoted in the IT business. AWS qualifications are among the most valued and highest-paying IT certifications in the world, according to a Global Knowledge survey. AWS certified experts make an average annual income of $113,000 USD, which is greater than the national average for IT professionals. Furthermore, AWS certified experts are in great demand since AWS is the industry’s largest cloud service provider, with a 32% market share and over 1 million active clients.
- Improved understanding of AWS: By getting the AWS Cloud Practitioner Certification, you will improve your understanding of AWS and its features, making it easier for you to solve problems and maximize efficiency. You will also be able to communicate effectively with other AWS professionals and stakeholders, using the common AWS terminology and concepts. Furthermore, you will be able to leverage the AWS best practices and design principles to create optimal solutions for your business needs.
- Improved learning path: Obtaining the AWS Cloud Practitioner Certification will provide you with a firm foundation for your cloud computing adventure. Other AWS credentials, such as AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate, AWS Certified Developer – Associate, and AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate, are also available. These certifications can help you progress your career by deepening your knowledge and abilities in certain AWS areas and roles.
Exam preparation time will vary depending on your past experience and study style. To prepare for this exam, a decent rule of thumb is to study for at least 30 hours. This will provide you with a solid basis upon which to develop, as well as time to practice and perfect your talents.
How much time should you spend studying for the AWS Cloud Practitioner Certification exam?
- The AWS Cloud Practitioner Essentials course, which is a free online course that covers the fundamentals of cloud computing and AWS, is one resource you may utilize to study for the test.
- The AWS Cloud Quest: Cloud Practitioner course, a gamified learning experience that guides you through the exploration of AWS services and capabilities.
- The AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner Official Practice Exam, a 65-question exam that resembles the real exam and includes performance feedback.
- The AWS documentation, whitepapers, and blogs, which give thorough information and guidance on many AWS issues and best practices.
- The AWS Escape Room: AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner Exam Prep, which is a fun and engaging method to test your knowledge and abilities in a simulated AWS environment.
You can also utilize other online courses, books, movies, or podcasts that suit your learning interests and goals. The most essential thing is to reread the test guide, learn the exam subjects, practice with exam-style questions, and assess your preparation before taking the exam.
The passing score for the AWS Cloud Practitioner Certification test, according to Google search results, is 700 out of 1000. This is a scaled score; thus it is not determined by the percentage of right answers.
What are some common mistakes to avoid during AWS Cloud Practitioner Certification exam?
Some typical errors to avoid throughout the AWS Cloud Practitioner Certification test include:
- Not thoroughly reading the questions and choices: Sometimes the questions include keywords or phrases that suggest the correct answer or remove the incorrect ones. For example, if the question asks for the best-suited AWS service for a use case, you should seek for the service that matches the requirements the most efficiently and effectively, rather than just any service that works. Similarly, if the question requires two or more responses, make sure you choose all of them, not just one.
- Lack of comprehension of AWS principles and terminology: The test assumes you have a basic understanding of cloud computing and AWS, including the advantages, deployment patterns, pricing models, core services, security and compliance, architecture and design, and billing and pricing. You should also be familiar with typical AWS terminologies and acronyms like IAM, S3, EC2, VPC, RDS, and so on. If you are unfamiliar with these concepts and words, the questions and options may confuse or mislead you.
- Not enough practice with exam-style questions: The exam questions are meant to put your knowledge and abilities to the test in a variety of settings and circumstances. They are founded on more than simply facts and definitions, but also on analysis and assessment. As a result, it is critical to prepare with exam-style questions that mimic the actual test structure and difficulty level. This will assist you in improving your speed, accuracy, and confidence, as well as identifying your weak points and knowledge gaps.
- Poor time and resource management: The test is 90 minutes long, which means you must answer 65 questions in an average of 1.4 minutes each question. This may appear simple, but depending on the intricacy and length of the question and the alternatives, some questions may take longer than others. As a result, you should organize your time effectively and avoid devoting excessive time to any single subject. You should also use the test resources offered to you, such as the flagging option, the review screen, and the calculator.
- Failure to abide by the exam’s norms and standards: The test is proctored, which means that you will be supervised during the exam by a person or an AI proctor. You must adhere to exam norms and policies, such as revealing your ID, scanning your room, keeping your face visible, not utilizing notes or books, not chatting to anybody, not leaving your seat, and so on. If you breach any of these guidelines, the exam provider may disqualify or punish you. As a result, before taking the test, study and understand the exam regulations and policies, and completely adhere to them during the exam.
As you can see, obtaining the AWS Cloud Practitioner Certification may provide you with several advantages, both personally and professionally. It can assist you in gaining reputation, recognition, employment possibilities, comprehension, and learning in the field of cloud computing and AWS. If you want to acquire this certification, you may start preparing for it right now by using the AWS resources and tools we listed above.
Get your new hires billable within 1-60 days. Experience our Capability Development Framework today.
- Cloud Training
- Customized Training
- Experiential Learning
Established in 2011, CloudThat is a leading Cloud Training and Cloud Consulting services provider in India, USA, Asia, Europe, and Africa. Being a pioneer in the Cloud domain, CloudThat has special expertise in catering to mid-market and enterprise clients in all the major Cloud service providers like AWS, Microsoft, GCP, VMware, Databricks, HP, and more. Uniquely positioned to be a single source for both training and consulting for cloud technologies like Cloud Migration, Data Platforms, DevOps, IoT, and the latest technologies like AI/ML, it is a top-tier partner with AWS and Microsoft, winning more than 8 awards combined in 11 years. Recently, it was recognized as the ‘Think Big’ partner from AWS and won the Microsoft Superstars FY 2023 award in Asia & India. Leveraging their position as a leader in the market, CloudThat has trained 650k+ professionals in 500+ cloud certifications and delivered 300+ consulting projects for 100+ corporates in 28+ countries.
WRITTEN BY Akhilash K