Voiced by Amazon Polly
Microsoft recently released new role-based certifications for Azure. These are named as AZ-100, AZ-101, (
AZ-200, AZ-201) AZ-203*, AZ-300, and AZ-301. If you need more information about the entire series, then read more about them here New Role-based Azure Certification & Training Tracks from Microsoft.
*Update: AZ-203 (single exam) has been replaced by AZ -200 & AZ-201.
What is AZ-100 Certification All About?
AZ-100 is for Azure Administrators, who manage Cloud services spanning across storage, security, networking, active directory, and other areas.
While creating and maintaining IT infrastructure, administrators need to have practical knowledge of the entire lifecycle. Hence, this certification exam also contains hands-on labs … yeah seriously 🙂
Helping organizations transform their IT infrastructure with top-notch Cloud Computing services
- Cloud Migration
- AIML & IoT
New Lab-Based Certification Pattern, Speed is the Key!!
There will be approximately 53 questions and 180 minutes to solve them. The 180 minutes time slot also includes the time needed to perform two labs (8 to 10 tasks each).
You have to be very quick while reading these questions and case study scenarios to deduce answers.
- During my certification exam, a total number of 53 questions came. These 53 questions included 2 case studies (with approximately 15 questions combined), 38 miscellaneous questions, and two labs (with 18 sub-tasks in total).
- You cannot skip the case study/lab to do it later. The examination goes in a sequence.
- Regarding Lab: One virtual environment opened in the browser. Labs need to be done in the provided Azure portal. Usernames & passwords to access the Azure portal were present on the screen. However, I had to type them as copy/paste functionality was disabled.
Type of Questions
- Scenario based single answer question
- Case studies with 5 to 9 following questions
- Picture-based single answer
- Multiple choice questions
- Arrange the correct sequence-type questions. They will be based on some tasks that have to be performed. Like, steps to take the Azure backup.
- Fill in the blank based drag-drop questions
What to Expect and Prepare For?
- Manage Azure subscription and resources (15–20%)
- Implement and manage storage (20–25 %)
- Deploy and manage virtual machines (20–25 %)
- Configure and manage virtual networks (15–20 %)
- Manage Identities (15–20 %)
Sub-topics can be found on the official AZ-100 certification description page. For the preparation, I recommend official Azure documentation. However, if you want to boost your preparation, then please reach out to us here.
For more details kindly check the following course details:
If you have any comments or questions, then do write them in the comment.
Get your new hires billable within 1-60 days. Experience our Capability Development Framework today.
- Cloud Training
- Customized Training
- Experiential Learning
CloudThat is also the official AWS (Amazon Web Services) Advanced Consulting Partner and Training partner and Microsoft gold partner, helping people develop knowledge of the cloud and help their businesses aim for higher goals using best in industry cloud computing practices and expertise. We are on a mission to build a robust cloud computing ecosystem by disseminating knowledge on technological intricacies within the cloud space. Our blogs, webinars, case studies, and white papers enable all the stakeholders in the cloud computing sphere.
Drop a query if you have any questions regarding Microsoft Azure Exam AZ-100 and I will get back to you quickly.
To get started, go through our Consultancy page and Managed Services Package that is CloudThat’s offerings.
WRITTEN BY CloudThat
Oct 14, 2020
I will soon be starting my preparation for the certification and this information is the perfect start for it.
Feb 18, 2019
Really informative blog, thanks for sharing.
Click to Comment