Voiced by Amazon Polly
What is VMware ESXi?
Simple Steps to Install ESXi 8
- Download the ISO image of ESXi 8 from the Downloads page of VMware Customer Connect.
- Burn the ISO file to a CD or DVD or create a bootable USB drive with the ISO file using tools such as Rufus.
- Insert the CD/DVD or USB drive into the server on which you want to install ESXi.
- Power on the server and access the BIOS settings to set the boot order to boot from the CD/DVD or USB drive.
- You will see the ESXi installer screen once the installation media is booted. Press “Enter” to begin the installation.
- Accept the End User License Agreement by pressing “F11.”
- The installer will now ask you to select the disk on which you must install the ESXi Hypervisor. Hit “F1” to learn more about the disk and “Enter” to continue.
- Next, the installer asks you to select the keyboard layout. Select the appropriate layout and press “Enter” to continue.
- Enter the root password for the ESXi host and confirm it by pressing “Enter.”
- The installer is now configured to install ESXi on the Hard Disk – Press “F11” to start the installation. Wait for the installation to complete, which can take several minutes.
- Remove the installation media and reboot the server once the installation is complete.
- After the reboot, ESXi installation is complete, and you can access it via the web client or vSphere Client to configure it further. You can browse to https://10.10.0.142 (may differ as per your environment) to see the ESXi Host Client.
Get expert vSphere training now
- Understand new features
- Best practices available
- Instructor led courses
Get your new hires billable within 1-60 days. Experience our Capability Development Framework today.
- Cloud Training
- Customized Training
- Experiential Learning
CloudThat, incepted in 2012, is the first Indian organization to offer Cloud training and consultancy for mid-market and enterprise clients. Our business aims to provide global services on Cloud Engineering, Training, and Expert Line. The expertise in all major cloud platforms, including Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS), VMware, and Google Cloud Platform (GCP), positions us as pioneers.
WRITTEN BY Rajiv Gopal