Voiced by Amazon Polly
OpenStack has evolved continuously with every release and with the Havana release we have yet again a set of new features that make it even easier to build and deploy OpenStack clouds.
The new services introduced were:
- OpenStack Metering – provides a single source of usage data across services
- OpenStack Orchestration – template-driven service for describing the automating deployment of services for apps
Brief about New Features
Now let us look at the new features for individual services.
1. OpenStack Compute:
- Support for Docker which speeds up application deployment with containers
- Additional features through the Dashboard
2. OpenStack Object Storage:
- Global Clusters for Object Storage
- Performance improvements to disk operations and caching
- ConfD for better configuration management
3. OpenStack Block Storage:
- Extend volume size
- Transfer volume ownership
- Migrate volumes
- Update Quotas
- QoS for Block Storage for guaranteed performance for apps
4. OpenStack Networking:
- Integration with new Metering service for better billing capabilities
- Hardware vendors can now write plugins for L2 networking
5. OpenStack Dashboard:
- Greater multilingual support
- Improved UI, workflows, and productivity
- Better virtualization of network topology
- Improved role and password management
6. Shared Services:
- Image service now supports quotas and additional storage options
- Identity service now provides better separation between authorization and authentication
- Granular RBAC
Helping organizations transform their IT infrastructure with top-notch Cloud Computing services
- Cloud Migration
- AIML & IoT
If you are interested in learning more about OpenStack and getting some hands-on, we are launching the Red Hat OpenStack Administration (CL210) course shortly. If you are interested, please fill out this form and we will get back to you.
Get your new hires billable within 1-60 days. Experience our Capability Development Framework today.
- Cloud Training
- Customized Training
- Experiential Learning
CloudThat is also the official AWS (Amazon Web Services) Advanced Consulting Partner and Training partner and Microsoft gold partner, helping people develop knowledge of the cloud and help their businesses aim for higher goals using best-in-industry cloud computing practices and expertise. We are on a mission to build a robust cloud computing ecosystem by disseminating knowledge on technological intricacies within the cloud space. Our blogs, webinars, case studies, and white papers enable all the stakeholders in the cloud computing sphere.
Drop a query if you have any questions regarding OpenStack Havana and I will get back to you quickly.
WRITTEN BY Sangram Rath