AWS stands out as a frontrunner in providing a comprehensive suite of services. CloudThat has been officially recognized and awarded as an AWS Data & Analytics Competency Partner, as well as an Amazon EKS Service Delivery Partner for the year 2023. This prestigious acknowledgment underscores our commitment to excellence and expertise in the field of cloud technology. At CloudThat, we understand the pivotal role that exceptional services play in helping businesses achieve their goals and enhance their overall performance. This recognition serves as a testament to our steadfast dedication to delivering top-notch solutions that help organizations thrive in the digital era.
This Blog examines the capabilities and advantages of Amazon EKS, a vital tool for companies aiming to stay strong, resilient, and competitive.
Understanding Amazon EKS
Cloud technologies and Kubernetes have rapidly gained popularity, capturing the interest of a growing number of enthusiasts. Why? Because they meet many needs. Cloud computing, renowned for its cost-efficiency, coupled with the prowess of Kubernetes, ensures your applications achieve unprecedented levels of availability.
Amazon Elastic Kubernetes Service (EKS) is a fully managed Kubernetes service that simplifies the process of deploying, managing, and scaling Kubernetes clusters on Amazon Web Services (AWS). Kubernetes is an open-source platform for automating the deployment, scaling, and management of containerized applications.
- Cloud Migration
- AIML & IoT
With Amazon EKS, Businesses can,
- Provision Kubernetes clusters: Amazon EKS automatically provisions and manages the Kubernetes control plane, which is the brain of a Kubernetes cluster. This includes tasks such as managing the Kubernetes API server, scheduler, and controller manager.
- Deploy applications: It makes easy to deploy containerized applications to your Kubernetes clusters. You can use Amazon EKS to deploy applications from a variety of sources, including Amazon Elastic Container Registry (ECR), Docker Hub, and GitHub Container Registry.
- Manage your clusters: Provides a number of tools and services to help you manage your Kubernetes clusters. These tools include Amazon CloudWatch for monitoring your clusters, Amazon IAM for authenticating users and applications, and Amazon CloudTrail for auditing your clusters.
- Scale your applications: Amazon EKS makes it easy to scale your containerized applications up or down based on demand. You can use Amazon EKS to automatically scale your applications based on metrics such as CPU utilization, memory usage, and network traffic.
How it works?
Run Amazon EKS in the Cloud
Run Amazon EKS in the AWS Outposts
Run Amazon EKS Anywhere
Benefits of Using Amazon EKS
Amazon EKS has a high customer satisfaction rating, with an average score of 4.7 out of 5 stars on AWS Marketplace. It is expected to grow its revenue to $5 billion (about $15 per person in the US) by 2025.
- Increased Agility: Enables you to quickly provision and manage your Kubernetes clusters, accelerating your development and deployment cycles. This ability empowers you to respond swiftly to changing market demands and customer needs.
- Reduced Costs: Pay-as-you-go pricing model eliminates the need for upfront investments in hardware and infrastructure. You only pay for the resources you consume, leading to significant cost savings.
- Enhanced Scalability: Provides a vast array of elastic resources, enabling you to easily scale your Kubernetes cluster up or down based on demand. This flexibility ensures that your applications can handle fluctuating workloads without performance bottlenecks or downtime.
- Improved Reliability and Availability: Amazon EKS runs on AWS’s robust infrastructure and redundant architecture, ensuring that your Kubernetes clusters are highly reliable and available. This resiliency protects your applications from unexpected outages and provides a seamless user experience.
- Enhanced Security: Supports AWS’s comprehensive suite of security features, including access control, encryption, and threat detection, to safeguard your Kubernetes workloads. This robust security posture protects your data and applications from unauthorized access and cyberattacks.
Use Cases for Amazon EKS
- Modernizing Legacy Applications: Migrating legacy applications to Amazon EKS can modernize their architecture and improve their performance, scalability, and security.
- Enabling Microservices Architecture: An ideal platform for deploying microservices-based applications, enabling organizations to achieve greater agility, flexibility, and fault tolerance.
- Developing Cloud-Native Applications: Empowers developers to build and deploy cloud-native applications that leverage the scalability, elasticity, and cost-efficiency of the cloud.
- Supporting Containerized Workloads: Provides a comprehensive environment for managing containerized workloads, including container orchestration, image management, and monitoring.
EKS stands out as a reliable and feature-rich solution, backed by the scalability and reliability of the AWS ecosystem. With Amazon EKS, the path to deploying and managing containerized applications has never been more accessible, empowering you to focus on innovation and business growth while AWS takes care of the orchestration intricacies.
Experience the benefits of AWS Fully Managed Kubernetes Service today and take your containerized applications to the next level with CloudThat
Get your new hires billable within 1-60 days. Experience our Capability Development Framework today.
- Cloud Training
- Customized Training
- Experiential Learning
Established in 2011, CloudThat is a leading Cloud Training and Cloud Consulting services provider in India, USA, Asia, Europe, and Africa. Being a pioneer in the Cloud domain, CloudThat has special expertise in catering to mid-market and enterprise clients in all the major Cloud service providers like AWS, Microsoft, GCP, VMware, Databricks, HP, and more. Uniquely positioned to be a single source for both training and consulting for cloud technologies like Cloud Migration, Data Platforms, DevOps, IoT, and the latest technologies like AI/ML, it is a top-tier partner with AWS and Microsoft, winning more than 8 awards combined in 11 years. Recently, it was recognized as the ‘Think Big’ partner from AWS and won the Microsoft Superstars FY 2023 award in Asia & India. Leveraging their position as a leader in the market, CloudThat has trained 650k+ professionals in 500+ cloud certifications and delivered 300+ consulting projects for 100+ corporates in 28+ countries.
WRITTEN BY Sandra S
Sandra is an accomplished postgraduate in English language and literature from the University of Kerala, hailing from the picturesque city of Kollam. With a strong foundation in language and communication, she possesses excellent written and oral communication skills. Her academic journey has honed her abilities to demonstrate accuracy and attention to detail, qualities that she believes are vital in fostering effective content writing. Here at CloudThat, Sandra works as a Content Intern in marketing, where she learns new skills and abilities that contribute to her professional growth.