Microsoft Power Platform consists of 4 core products- Power BI, Power Apps, Power Automate, and Power Virtual Agents and three key components Microsoft Dataverse, AI Builder, and Data Connectors (earlier known as Common Data Service).
On clearing the PL-900 exam, you will be provided with Microsoft Power Platform Fundamentals certification. This certification is intended to gauge a candidate’s level of expertise to increase productivity by comprehending the capabilities of the Microsoft Power Platform, using Power Automate to automate simple business processes, performing basic data analysis with Power BI, acting more effectively by creating simple Power Apps experiences and building robust chatbots using Power Virtual Agents.
Benefits of PL-900 certification
- Obtaining PL-900 certification will have a wide range of advantages in your career
- With a basic understanding of the Power platform, creating a mobile/tab compatible app with little to no code can be done in a single day
- Help your clients create intelligent solutions by using your certification as a Power Platform professional
- Use Microsoft Power Automate to create flows and automate your business processes
- Create a simple dashboard in a moment to wow your clients
- Create a chatbot and use it on the website for your business
- With Power Apps Portals, create user-friendly portals for your clients to keep one step ahead of the competition
- To anticipate the tone of your customer’s email, use AI Builder
Pioneers in Cloud Consulting & Migration Services
- Reduced infrastructural costs
- Accelerated application deployment
- Describe the business value of Microsoft Power Platform (20–25%)
This module will discuss the power platform security model, environment, and administrative tasks. Be prepared for scenario-based questions with solutions pointing to different Power Platform products.
- Identify the core components of Microsoft Power Platform (10–15%)
This module will discuss common data service connectors, business logic, data flows, tables, columns, and relationships in Microsoft Dataverse.
- Demonstrate the capabilities of Power BI (20–25%)
In this module, questions will be on using reports, visualizing dashboards, power queries, and use cases on publishing, making, and sharing dashboards using Power BI.
- Demonstrate the capabilities of Power Apps (25–30%)
In this module, questions will be on the use cases and capabilities of model-driven and canvas apps.
- Demonstrate the capabilities of Power Automate (10–15%)
In this module, questions will be on use cases for approvals, Microsoft Teams, Outlook, SharePoint, Forms, Cloud, and Desktop flows. This module’s questions will be scenario-based and will determine whether you understand Power Automate well.
- Demonstrate the capabilities of Power Virtual Agents (1–5%)
In this module, fewer questions can be anticipated. Questions will include the applications of Power Virtual Agents in organizations, their vital components, such as chatbots, and the locations where Power Virtual Agents chatbots can be published.
What to do before the exam?
- Focus on the “What” and “Why” of the concepts of the Power Platform
- Read case studies on the fundamental requirements of customers and opt for instructor led training
- Increasing your familiarity with Microsoft Dataverse (Common Data Service)
- Use PL-900 Microsoft Power Platform Fundamentals Sample Questions from microsoft.com to practice
- To comprehend the business value and the kinds of business requirements that the Power Platform may address and fulfill, analyze customer success stories
- Know the capabilities of all the tools offered by Power Platform, and prepare to use this information in the exam (going to be very useful)
- Before attempting the exam, use cloudthat.com to test your knowledge
Achieving success in the PL-900 exam and earning the Microsoft Power Platform Fundamentals certification is a significant milestone for professionals looking to enhance their careers in the technology industry. This certification validates your expertise in leveraging the capabilities of the Power Platform, including Power BI, Power Apps, Power Automate, and Power Virtual Agents. By demonstrating your understanding of the platform’s business value, core components, and various capabilities, you position yourself as a valuable asset to organizations seeking to increase productivity, automate processes, analyze data, and deliver exceptional user experiences. With the PL-900 certification, you open doors to exciting career opportunities and become equipped to drive innovation and success in the digital era.
Making IT Networks Enterprise-ready – Cloud Management Services
- Accelerated cloud migration
- End-to-end view of the cloud environment
CloudThat is an official AWS (Amazon Web Services) Advanced Consulting Partner and Training partner and Microsoft Gold Partner, helping people develop knowledge of the cloud and help their businesses aim for higher goals using best in industry cloud computing practices and expertise. We are on a mission to build a robust cloud computing ecosystem by disseminating knowledge on technological intricacies within the cloud space. Our blogs, webinars, case studies, and white papers enable all the stakeholders in the cloud computing sphere.
Drop a query if you have any questions regarding PL-900 and I will get back to you quickly.
1. Does the PL-900 exam have a negative marking for wrong answers?
ANS: – No, you will not be penalized for wrong answers.
2. Is there a numerical score listed for each segment in the score report?
ANS: – The score reports do not assign a numerical score to each component. The only thing that appears in the score reports, which provide an overall numerical score, is the pass/fail status.
3. Do Microsoft certifications expire?
ANS: – Microsoft fundamentals certifications do not expire, but for role-based certification, you have a 12-month expiration date on your academic verification. You must go through the verification process again after a year.
WRITTEN BY Surbhi Singh