Voiced by Amazon Polly
In Dynamics, CRM portals are a feature to create websites or web portals, and we can create the portals for external and internal users. These portals allow businesses to communicate and connect with clients, partners, or staff members. We can design the portals Highlighting company achievements, and we can Highlight the partners of the Company. Users can access the data based on the role-based access controls.
Features of Power Portals
- Content Management: With the help of a content management system offered by Power Portals, administrators may easily build and manage web pages, forms, and other types of material.
- Role-Based Access Control: Various authentication procedures are supported by Power Portals, including local accounts, social network logins, Google, Facebook, and Microsoft account, etc. Access control can be set up to limit who has access to view and interact with data and content in the portal.
- Integration with CRM Data: Power portals Allow users to interact with Dynamics 365 entity forms and views in portals.
- Authentication and Single Sign-On (SSO): Power Portals enable multiple authentication techniques, including single sign-on (SSO) connectivity with external identity providers, social network accounts, and local accounts. Users’ login procedures are made easier, and the portal is accessible securely.
- Customizable Layout and Branding: Administrators can alter the portal’s layout, style, and branding to complement the brand’s visual identity. This includes choosing fonts, colors, and themes, as well as including logos or unique imagery.
- Self-Service Capabilities: Users can generate and manage support cases or tickets using the case management features that Power Portals offer. A knowledge base can also be developed to give portal users access to self-service resources and articles.
Pioneers in Cloud Consulting & Migration Services
- Reduced infrastructural costs
- Accelerated application deployment
Steps to Create Power Portals in CRM
- Open Power Apps
- Click on Create and Select Blank App
- Choose Power portal
- Give the Website name you want.
- It will take around 1 hour time to create a portal
- The portal name will appear in the Apps
- Click on the Portal name
- You can view the portal design and modify it according to your requirement
On the right side, give a name and partial name as well, and syn configuration the changes will reflect.
I am taking the example of submitting the invoice from Portal to Dynamics.
- Open the Portal and Click on the Components. Choose the form in the right side corner to see the create new and use existing. Before selecting the table, create a new table, and after that, select the table in which table the data want to store
- Select the Table name and select the form as well. We have different forms in one table. Select the Form according to our requirements.
- Click on Sync Configuration and Browse the website the changes will reflect.
Permissions for Portals
- Open portal Management Model Driven App
Table permissions: The ability to manage access to data at the table level within a Power Portal is called “table permissions” in portals. The underlying Dynamics 365 system enables you to determine which users or roles can carry out specified activities (such as read, create, update, or delete) on entries of a particular table.
Anonymous Users: This Role Represents the users who can access the portal without Authentication, but Anonymous Users can see only public content. They are not able to do any task or action without authentication
Authenticated Users: Users who have successfully authenticated on the portal are represented by this position. Depending on the permissions given to this position, authenticated users may have access to additional services
Administrators: Administrators of the portal can configure authentication providers, manage settings, manage users and roles, and perform other administrative tasks related to the portal. They have the power to manage other users’ access and permissions.
Power Portals’ adaptability and customization options enable organizations to modify the portal’s appearance, feel, and operation to suit their branding and unique business needs. To maintain proper data security and privacy, users can access the portal through authentication procedures and are given role-based access controls.
Making IT Networks Enterprise-ready – Cloud Management Services
- Accelerated cloud migration
- End-to-end view of the cloud environment
CloudThat is an official AWS (Amazon Web Services) Advanced Consulting Partner and Training partner and Microsoft Gold Partner, helping people develop knowledge of the cloud and help their businesses aim for higher goals using best-in-industry cloud computing practices and expertise. We are on a mission to build a robust cloud computing ecosystem by disseminating knowledge on technological intricacies within the cloud space. Our blogs, webinars, case studies, and white papers enable all the stakeholders in the cloud computing sphere.
Drop a query if you have any questions regarding Dynamics 365 Power Portals, I will get back to you quickly.
1. What can I do with a Power Portal?
ANS: – Microsoft Power Apps portal is a low-code platform that allows you to create and deploy custom web applications for external users. With a Power Portal, you can do several things like:
- External-facing web applications
- User authentication and access control
- Data collection and forms
- Collaboration and engagement
- Customer self-service
- Integration with backend systems
- Customization and branding
- Analytics and Reporting
2. What is Web role?
ANS: – Web role refers to a security role that gives the level of access and permissions to the users within the portal.