Voiced by Amazon Polly
- Familiarity with VMware vSphere
- Access to a vSphere environment with vCenter Server
- vSphere Client installed on a local machine.
- At least one ESXi host that can be added to the datacenter.
Get expert vSphere training now
- Understand new features
- Best practices available
- Instructor led courses
Overview of the Lab
In this lab, you will accomplish the following tasks:
- Add an ESXi host to the datacenter.
- Verify the datacenter and host configuration.
Step 1: Add an ESXi host to the datacenter
- In the “Hosts and Clusters” view, locate and right-click on the newly created datacenter.
- Select “Add Host.“
- Enter the ESXi host’s IP address or hostname and click “Next.“
- Enter the ESXi host’s root credentials (username and password) and click “Next.“
- Review the host’s Summary and click “Next.”
- Choose the appropriate license for the host and click “Next.“
- Select the desired lockdown mode (if required) and click “Next.“
- Choose the location for the host’s virtual machines and click “Next.“
- Review the host configuration summary and click “Finish.“
Step 2: Verify the datacenter and host configuration.
- In the “Hosts and Clusters” view, expand the newly created datacenter in the inventory tree.
- Verify that the added ESXi host is listed under the datacenter.
- Click on the ESXi host to view its configuration details, such as hardware, networking, and storage.
Get your new hires billable within 1-60 days. Experience our Capability Development Framework today.
- Cloud Training
- Customized Training
- Experiential Learning
CloudThat, incepted in 2012, is the first Indian organization to offer Cloud training and consultancy for mid-market and enterprise clients. Our business aims to provide global services on Cloud Engineering, Training, and Expert Line. Our expertise in all major cloud platforms, including Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS), VMware, and Google Cloud Platform (GCP), positions us as pioneers.
WRITTEN BY Karthikeyan S