Voiced by Amazon Polly
To use vSphere, organizations need to acquire a vSphere License. This license grants them the right to install and use the vSphere software on their servers. The license typically includes features such as VM migration, high availability, load balancing, and advanced management tools. This tutorial provides a step-by-step guide on how to add a vSphere License to your environment.
Step by Step Guide
- Log in to the vSphere Client: Open your preferred web browser and enter the URL of the vSphere Client. Log in using your credentials.
- Navigate to the “Licenses” section: Once logged in, click on the “Menu” button in the top left corner of the vSphere Client and select “Administration” from the dropdown menu. In the left navigation pane, click on “Licenses” under the “Administration” section.
- To add a new license: In the “Licenses” section, click on the “Licenses” tab. Then, click on the “Add” button.
- In the following dialog box, enter the 25-character license key as shown below. Click on “Next” when done.
- Give an appropriate name for the license such as “vSphere” or “vCenter Server Standard.” Click on “Next” when done.
- Review the license information and click on “Finish” to complete the process.
- You can choose to assign licenses to a specific vCenter Server or other solutions. To do this, click on the “Assets” tab.
- In the “Add Assets” window, select the license type you want to add. You can choose between “vSphere” or “vCenter Server Standard.” Select the appropriate license type and click “OK.”
- Verify license assignment: After adding the license, go back to the “Assets” tab in the “Licenses” section. Verify that the license appears in the list of licenses and that it is assigned to the correct asset.
Get expert vSphere training now
- Understand new features
- Best practices available
- Instructor led courses
Get your new hires billable within 1-60 days. Experience our Capability Development Framework today.
- Cloud Training
- Customized Training
- Experiential Learning
CloudThat, incepted in 2012, is the first Indian organization to offer Cloud training and consultancy for mid-market and enterprise clients. Our business aims to provide global services on Cloud Engineering, Training, and Expert Line. Our expertise in all major cloud platforms, including Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS), VMware, and Google Cloud Platform (GCP), positions us as pioneers.
WRITTEN BY Rajiv Gopal