Voiced by Amazon Polly
Summary Updated on 30 May 2018: Hurry!! AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional Level is now out of beta, Check out our latest on how to prepare!!!
New Professional Level Certification
Until now only Associate Level certification were available for all three vertices. But Amazon is aggressively working on their certification program and my prediction about Professional level certification has come true. Below is the chart for current and future certifications in the pipeline.
About Professional Level Beta Exam
- The beta is available only between March 10-14th and has limited seats.
- Anyone who has achieved AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate Level can appear for this beta certification.
- The cost for the beta certification is $150, the actual certification when launched will cost $300.
- The beta exam will have 100+ multiple choice, multiple answer questions, with180 minutes to complete the exam.
- Results will be provided 4-6 weeks later.
- I have registered for the beta exam. The professional level will possibly test AWS skillset more comprehensively. Will post my thoughts about the exam after I finish the certification.
Preparing for the Exam
- Read my blog post about Clearing AWS Solutions Architect – Associate Level
- Here is the exam blueprint by AWS.
- AWS recommends 2 years of hands-on AWS experience.
- AWS whitepapers.
- Reference architectures on AWS.
Overall the exam seems comprehensive and hands-on experience with AWS is a must.
We are planning to release a course to help this certification. If you would like to know more about it, please fill out this form and we will get back to you.
If you not already cleared Associate level certification, do it now. Check out the sample questions for AWS Solutions Architect Certification – Associate Level here.
How to Register
To register, click this Kryterion testing center link. You will need to create an account before you register for the test.
Good luck!! If you have any questions, please mention them below and will try to answer them. Also if you like the article please share it with others.
WRITTEN BY Bhavesh Goswami
Bhavesh Goswami is the Founder & CEO of CloudThat Technologies. He is a leading expert in the Cloud Computing space with over a decade of experience. He was in the initial development team of Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3) at Amazon Web Services (AWS) in Seattle. and has been working in the Cloud Computing and Big Data fields for over 12 years now. He is a public speaker and has been the Keynote Speaker at the ‘International Conference on Computer Communication and Informatics’. He also has authored numerous research papers and patents in various fields.