Voiced by Amazon Polly
This lab aims to update VMware tools and virtual hardware(motherboard) to the latest versions available.
- Knowledge of Why VMware tools are required
- Basic understanding of vCenter Inventory
- Access of vCenter through vSphere Web Client
Get expert vSphere training now
- Understand new features
- Best practices available
- Instructor led courses
After completing this lab, you will be able to update VMware tools and virtual hardware version to the latest version; you can:
- Review your existing VMware tools version & VM Hardware
- Upgrade hardware VMs to match the hardware version on the host
- Update VMware Tools
- Cross-verify the updates
Step-by-Step Lab Guide
- Open vCenter using vSphere Client. Open vCenter Inventory & Click on VM & Templates.
- Check out for Linux-01 VM and the status of VMware Tools and its version.
- Power on Linux-01 VM and Click on Updates.
- Click on Check Status and get the details of updates.
- First upgrade VM Hardware to match with the host – Click on Upgrade to Match Host.
- Monitor the progress of upgrading from a Recent Task.
- Verify the VM hardware is “updated” to the latest version. (Here it is, Version 17.)
- To update VMware tools of Linux 01 VM, Turn on the Automatically upgrade on Reboot option. If updated VMware tools are available, they will be installed automatically on the next VM reboot.
- Check out the version now from the summary tab.
Get your new hires billable within 1-60 days. Experience our Capability Development Framework today.
- Cloud Training
- Customized Training
- Experiential Learning
CloudThat, incepted in 2012, is the first Indian organization to offer Cloud training and consultancy for mid-market and enterprise clients. Our business aims to provide global services on Cloud Engineering, Training, and Expert Line. Our expertise in all major cloud platforms, including Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS), VMware, and Google Cloud Platform (GCP), positions us as pioneers.
WRITTEN BY Rahulkumar Shrimali