Voiced by Amazon Polly
DCUI stands for Direct Console User Interface, and it is a feature provided by VMware for managing and configuring ESXi hosts. ESXi is the bare-metal hypervisor from VMware that is used to run virtual machines on physical servers.
The DCUI is a text-based user interface that can be accessed directly on the ESXi host’s console. It provides a local management interface, allowing administrators to perform various tasks without the need for a remote management tool or a graphical user interface.
This Lab provides Step-by-Step illustration of how to configure static IP for a new ESXi 8 installation using DCUI.
Get expert vSphere training now
- Understand new features
- Best practices available
- Instructor led courses
- Power on the ESXi host and wait for the boot process to complete.
- Press F2 to enter the System Customization menu.
- Enter the root password when prompted.
- Select “Configure Management Network” and press “Enter.”
- You can select the “Network Adapters” and press “Enter”. Here you can choose the network adapter you wish to configure.
- Select “IPv4 Configuration” and press “Enter”. Here you can choose “Set Static IPv4 Address” to enter the IP address that you want to use for ESXi Host. Also, enter the subnet mask and default gateway and press “Enter”.
- Select “DNS Configuration” to enter the IP address for the DNS server(s) that you want to use and the hostname of the ESXi machine and press “Enter”.
- Press “Esc” to go back to the “Configure Management Network” screen. You will be prompted to confirm the applied changes and to restart the management network. Press “Y” to confirm.
- Press “Esc” to go back to the main screen (as shown below), you can now observe the change of IP address.
- Browse the IP address (https://10.10.0.160 , but this may vary as per your environment) using any web browser of your choice, to access the ESXi host client. You may get a security certificate warning, to bypass this, click on “Advanced” and “Proceed to <IP address> (unsafe)”.
- Enter the root credentials here. Here you can see the ESXi host client (GUI).
Get your new hires billable within 1-60 days. Experience our Capability Development Framework today.
- Cloud Training
- Customized Training
- Experiential Learning
CloudThat, incepted in 2012, is the first Indian organization to offer Cloud training and consultancy for mid-market and enterprise clients. Our business aims to provide global services on Cloud Engineering, Training, and Expert Line. Our expertise in all major cloud platforms, including Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS), VMware, and Google Cloud Platform (GCP), positions us as pioneers.
WRITTEN BY Rajiv Gopal