In today’s era, Language models have made remarkable progress in recent years, pushing the boundaries of what AI can achieve in generating human-like text. In this blog, we’ll examine two well-known language models—ChatGPT and Google Bard—and assess how well they perform in various areas of language creation.
ChatGPT (Generative Pre-trained Transformer) is an artificial intelligence language model that can create human-like responses to natural language inputs. It is designed to understand a conversation’s context and generate relevant and coherent responses. Due to its extensive pre-training text data, ChatGPT can recognize patterns and relationships in natural language. As a result, it may be used effectively to create chatbots, systems for translating languages, and other software that needs natural language processing. ChatGPT is a sophisticated AI model capable of producing natural language responses comparable to those produced by humans.
- ChatGPT OpenAI, a non-profit research organization, created ChatGPT to advance friendly artificial intelligence for the good of all people.
- As a generative pre-trained transformer model, ChatGPT was taught how to produce text using a sizable dataset of text and code.
- The ability of ChatGPT to produce imaginative text formats, such as poems, code, screenplays, musical compositions, emails, and letters, is well recognized. Even if your inquiries are vague, difficult, or unusual, they can nevertheless provide you with an insightful response.
- Even while ChatGPT is still in development, it has already been used for several different things, like writing blog articles, making marketing copy, and building chatbot.
Pioneers in Cloud Consulting & Migration Services
- Reduced infrastructural costs
- Accelerated application deployment
A large language model (LLM) chatbot named Google AI developed Google Bard.
A table summarizing the primary difference between ChatGPT and Bard is provided below:
- Google AI, a branch of Google dedicated to artificial intelligence research, created Bard.
- A neural network that has been trained on a vast dataset of text and code is what makes Bard a large language model.
- Bard has an advantage over ChatGPT in finding the most recent information because of its reputation for having a real-time internet connection. While ChatGPT generates content in response to a single text prompt, Bard may also generate more informational pieces.
- While Bard is still in development, it has already been used for several things, like composing blog articles, making marketing copy, and building chatbots.
Difference between ChatGPT and Google BARD
- Based on Data – ChatGPT is trained on code and a dataset of text collected from the internet. Text from books, journals, websites, and GitHub repositories are all included in this collection. A text and code dataset that Google AI has carefully selected is used to train Bard. This dataset includes text from books, articles, websites, and code from Google’s internal repositories.
- Based on Size – ChatGPT is a smaller model than Bard. ChatGPT has 175 billion words, while Bard has 1.56 trillion words (750 GB of Data). This means Bard has a larger vocabulary and can generate more complex text.
- Based on Accessibility to the Internet – ChatGPT does not have access directly from the Internet. It doesn’t immediately retrieve or collect information from the internet. It is a language model taught using a sizable amount of text data from the internet, but its understanding and answers are dependent on the knowledge accessible as of the training cutoff date. This means it can only generate text based on the data it was trained on. Bard has access to the internet. This means that it can generate text based on the latest information from the web.
- Based on Cost – ChatGPT is a paid model, but you can use ChatGPT with limited benefits. To use ChatGPT, you must pay a subscription fee, but Bard is free. Bard is available at no cost.
- Based on Accuracy – ChatGPT is generally more accurate than Bard. This is because ChatGPT has been trained on a larger dataset of text and code. Bard is still under development and is not as accurate as ChatGPT.
- Based on Creativity – Bard is generally more creative than ChatGPT. This is because Bard has access to the internet and can generate text based on the latest information from the web. ChatGPT is only limited to the data which was trained on, so we can say it is not as creative as Bard
- Based on Security – Google Bard is a more secure model than ChatGPT. This is because Google Bard is trained on a private dataset and is not accessible to the public. Additionally, Google Bard is trained in various security measures, such as data encryption and access control.
- Based on Language Support – Google Bard is available only in Japanese, Korean, and US English, while ChatGPT supports multiple languages, including English, French, German, Spanish, Chinese, and Japanese.
- Faster Response – Google Bard is generally faster than ChatGPT. This is so that Google Bard, which has a real-time internet connection, is trained on a larger dataset of text and code. But ChatGPT is trained on a smaller corpus of text and lacks real-time internet connectivity.
Here is a table comparing the response times of Google Bard and ChatGPT:
Overall, Google Bard is a faster and more responsive service than ChatGPT. This is so that Google Bard, which has a real-time internet connection, may be trained on a larger dataset of text and code. In the case of ChatGPT, it is trained on a smaller corpus of text and lacks real-time internet connectivity.
ChatGPT and Google Bard are both powerful LLMs that can be used for various tasks. However, Bard offers several advantages to ChatGPT, such as an internet connection and the capacity to provide more data points. Both approaches are generally promising and have the potential to change how we interact with computers completely.
The best AI language for you depends on your needs and preferences. If you are thinking of a model that can generate creative text formats, so, in that case, ChatGPT may be a better choice. However, if you are looking for a model that can access the internet and generate more chunks of information, then Bard may be a better choice.
Making IT Networks Enterprise-ready – Cloud Management Services
- Accelerated cloud migration
- End-to-end view of the cloud environment
CloudThat is an official AWS (Amazon Web Services) Advanced Consulting Partner and Training partner and Microsoft Gold Partner, helping people develop knowledge of the cloud and help their businesses aim for higher goals using best in industry cloud computing practices and expertise. We are on a mission to build a robust cloud computing ecosystem by disseminating knowledge on technological intricacies within the cloud space. Our blogs, webinars, case studies, and white papers enable all the stakeholders in the cloud computing sphere.
Drop a query if you have any questions regarding ChatGPT, Google BARD and I will get back to you quickly.
1. Can ChatGPT generate poetry like Google Bard?
ANS: – While ChatGPT is not specialized in poetry, it may be capable of generating poetic-like responses to some extent based on its training on a wide range of text data.
2. Are there any limitations to consider when using Google Bard or ChatGPT?
ANS: – Both models may have limitations, such as occasional output inconsistencies, sensitivity to input phrasing, and potential biases in the training data.
3. How can I get started using Google Bard or ChatGPT?
ANS: – To utilize Google Bard, refer to the official Google documentation for guidelines and available resources. For ChatGPT, OpenAI provides access to its API or offers specific models for various applications. Check the OpenAI website for more information on how to get started.
WRITTEN BY Mohd Monish
Monish is working as a Research Associate at CloudThat. He has a working knowledge of multiple different cloud platforms and is currently working on the AWS platform and working on WAR automation, and AWS Media Services. He is interested in research and publishing tech blogs and also exploring new technologies.